miércoles, 6 de enero de 2016

Guerilla Logic : The Books

I want to publish three books. This is what they will look like:
Guerilla Logic Book Covers
The first one, called Guerilla Logic Volume I: The Foundation will be a collection of the essays I've written over the past 8 years or so, each with a short introductory preface explaining the circumstances in which it was written, and making explicit the connections between them, which otherwise may not be immediately obvious to everyone.

The second one, will be Volume II: Standard ML for the Lady Programmer, is not yet written. It will be an advanced course in Standard ML, with the emphasis on using ML for Metaprogramming. It will show how to use abstract types for pluggable representations of Standard ML Basis units, and will include implementations of System F and Reynold's Definitional Interpreters in Assembler, C, Scheme and Standard ML.

The third one will be called Volume III: Intelligent Design and it will show how to use formal logic for creative design. It will also show how Intelligent Design arises naturally from the fundamental premiss that reason is a necessary condition of any scientific observation, including observations in physics.

I could have the first one ready for printing in two months, if I could secure sufficient funds to pay for my food, accommodation and the use of a computer. The proceeds of the sales of Volume I will be enough to pay for me and some willing collaborators to produce the second volume, which we could do within one year. I would like to crowd-fund the publication of Volume I, and give "investors" shares in a cooperative, which will publish the second volume. Shareholders and collaborators will receive a proportion of the profits of both publications, and if there is sufficient interest, we could even manage printing and distribution through the same cooperative.

To get this going, I need someone to help me set up a fund-raising web site and who can liaise with me here in Bolivia. I cannot do this, because I do not have legal residency here, so cannot receive money transfers, and cannot travel.

Please could anyone interested in helping me with this (there should be quite a few of you) send an e-mail to me: Ian Grant and tell me how you want to help.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario